Friday, February 18, 2011

At the crest...

I'm at the top of the roller coaster hill. Things in my life seem to be going well this year, and it seems like I'm about to be in for a wild ride. Hope I make it through.

My wife is starting a business. This is forcing me to brush up on some skills. That's a good thing though. I am eager for the challenge.

My main focus is time management. This is something I struggle a lot with. I have no problem working. My problem is trying to balance work and life. This causes.... issues.

Sometimes work takes over my life. I get absorbed in projects, and the need to stay busy. It causes me to stress, and neglect other areas of my life. My family starts to get distant, I lose sleep, I eat more. Bad things start to happen.

So I'll stop and re-evaluate. I drop what I'm doing and focus on enjoying life again. I hang around my family more. I catch up on all that TV I dvr'ed. I become lazy. Bad things start to happen.

Then the cycle repeats and flips back to hard work again. So my plan this year is to strike a balance between these areas of my life. I am done with the huge swings in productivity and relaxation. I want to find time for both. Time for a vacation....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment